Irish Distillers Awarded Cork Company of the Year 2020
- Cork Emerging Company of the Year 2020 is WorkVivo
- Cork SME Company of the Year 2020 is AnaBio
- Cork Large Company of the Year 2020 is Crest Solutions
- Cork Corporate of the Year 2020 is Irish Distillers
The most innovative of Cork businesses were tonight presented with the prestigious Cork Company of the Year Awards 2020 at Cork Chamber’s Annual Dinner held in Cork City Hall.
Over 1,000 people, including leading industry and political figures, celebrated the winners at the dinner.
Run in association with Vodafone Ireland, the Awards involve a thorough four-month judging process with an experienced mix of professionals from across the business community. The overall Cork Company of the Year 2020 winner was awarded to Irish Distillers, which is a producer of some of the world’s best known and most successful Irish whiskeys.
Accepting the award on behalf of Irish Distillers, Paul Wickham, General Manager of Midleton Distilleries said: “We are truly honoured and humbled to receive the prestigious award of Cork Company of the Year. Led by Cork Chamber, our home county, where we have operated since 1825, is a vibrant, supportive and inspiring environment and is one of the best places in the world to do business.
There has never been a more exciting time for Irish whiskey and today Jameson is one of Ireland’s most recognised brands worldwide. This award is a tribute to the tireless dedication and excellence of all the craftsmen and women at Midleton and Dungourney, along with all the people who have worked with us through the centuries, whose hard work and passion has put us on the world stage.”
Other category winners include:
- Cork Emerging Company of the Year 2020 was awarded to WorkVivo whose internal communication platform is designed to increase employee engagement.
- Cork SME Company of the Year 2020 was won by AnaBio, whose mission is to improve health and performance through micro-encapsulation of sensitive functional ingredients.
- Cork Large Company of the Year 2020 was won by Crest Solutions, an engineering services provider to multinational Life Sciences clients in Ireland, UK, Europe and the US.
- Cork Corporate of the Year 2020 and Overall Company of the Year 2020 was won by Irish Distillers whose brands are driving a global renaissance of Irish whiskey. From Cork, Irish Distillers’ brands are exported to over 130 markets, with over 70 of those experiencing double- or triple-digit growth in 2019.
Paula Cogan, President of Cork Chamber, noted the remarkably high standard of shortlisted finalists, saying: “We know that there are so many companies in Cork always moving forward, driving innovation and growing teams. The Cork Company of the Year Awards provide a wonderful platform for Cork’s most pioneering businesses to celebrate their success. Throughout this year’s judging process, it has been particularly exciting to meet companies that excel in sustainability, diversity and inclusion thus leading on delivery of the UN Sustainable Development Goals while also leaving a lasting mark on both Cork and the world. We would like to thank our long-standing award partners, Vodafone and our media partners the Irish Examiner for amplifying these awards.”
Debbie Power, Vodafone Ireland added, “We are excited to once again be part of the Cork Company of the Year Awards. This event showcases the very best of business talent in Cork each year by celebrating outstanding achievements within the local business community. The future is exciting for Cork, like the rest of the world it is embracing a technological revolution driven by 5G, the internet of things, artificial intelligence and data analytics. Vodafone enables this revolution through high-speed connectivity and our award-winning global network, allowing us to connect people and businesses worldwide. Like many of the winners this evening, innovation is at our core. We were the first to bring 5G to Ireland with a launch in UCC’s ASSERT Centre, making it the only 5G connected tele-medicine and medical robotics training facility in the world. I want to take this opportunity to congratulate each and every one of the winners and wish them continued success in the future.”