Essential Skills of Management
Learn how to achieve excellence as a developing manager
Management acumen is not necessarily something that you pick up as you go along. This course will enable you to develop behaviours that lead to sucessful management in todays diverse workplace. The 6 day programme has been designed to enhance your existing generic management skills and develop new competencies within a framework of identified essential skills.
This programme is for managers early in their career (12 months to 2 years) who would like to develop their competencies around a key set of essential skills.
Ideally participants will have completed some form of foundational management development training before coming on this programme, such as IMI’s Front Line Management Foundation Skills programme. The Essential Skills of Management programme builds upon such foundations and provides learners with an engaging and active learning experience as they build their managerial skills.
- Understand the role of the manager in the modern organisation.
- Utilise a variety of management techniques to deliver results.
- Align, Implement, and manage focused work-plans.
- Enable trust and motivation within teams.
- Design strategies for increased employee performance.
- Select from a range of leadership styles to match the situation.
- Deliver communications with clarity and impact.
- Foster an environment for creativity and innovation.