Chambers Ireland & the Green Deal: Innovation, Infrastructure and the Net Zero Transition
This webinar has been specially organised for members by Chambers Ireland.
Speakers will include:
- Seán Kelly, MEP - Seán Kelly has been a member of the European Parliament for Ireland South since 2009. He is the current leader of Fine Gael in the EP, and part of the European People's Party Group. Mr. Kelly has been heavily involved in green policies, leading discussions in the Parliament’s committee on Industry, Research and Energy ahead of the Paris Agreement and representing Parliament at COP21, COP 22 and COP23.
-Brendan Murphy- Brendan is Director of Commercial & Regulation in Ervia where he has responsibility for strategy, economic regulation and next generation decarbonisation solutions. He joined the organisation in December 2013 from NTMA where he was Director of Finance, Technology.
- Peter O’Shea - Peter O’Shea is Head of Corporate and Regulatory Affairs at ESB. He joined ESB in 1999 having previously spent 12 years in the UK power industry working in a range of technical, commercial and regulatory positions with the CEGB and the National Grid Company.
- Matthieu Ballu - Matthieu Ballu works in the team in charge of defining and steering the EU’s renewable energy policy at the European Commission’s Directorate General for Energy. Matthieu has worked for the past 12 years on European energy and climate policies, both domestical (France) and international.
- Liam Ryan -Liam is the Chief Innovation and Planning Officer of EirGrid Group. Liam also held a number of other positions in EirGrid including Head of the Integrated Single Electricity Market transition, Head of Transmission Engineering & Maintenance, and Head of Power System Operational Planning.
- Mags Brennan – Moderator- Mags is the President of Chambers
Ireland and former board director of Cork Chamber. Currently Head of Business Banking Permanent TSB but has held senior business roles within AIB both domestically and internally with most recent role as Head of Sector Strategy & Specialism at the bank. Mags has experience financing across all sectors including renewables and energy sector both in North America and Ireland.