Chambers Ireland & the Green Deal: A Just Transition for the Regions
This webinar has been specially organised for members by Chambers Ireland.
Speakers will include:
- Ciarán Cuffe, MEP - Ciaran is the Green Party MEP for the Dublin constituency, elected for the first time to the EP in 2019. He sits as a full member on the Industry, Research and Energy Committee, and the Transport and Tourism Committee, in addition to acting as a substitute member of the Regional Development Committee.
-Guilia Vallone - Giulia is a Senior Architect/Urban Designer with Cork County Council, Capital Projects Implementation Unit and has worked for the Irish Local Authorities since 2002. A member of the RIAI Urban Design Committee, Giulia is an advocate of people-centred design and placemaking measures to promote people re-inhabiting the streets of the Irish towns.
- David Minton - David is Director of the Northern & Western Regional Assembly. The main roles of the NWRA are to monitor the general impact of all EU and Irish exchequer-funded programmes in the region, promote the co ordination of public services and ensure that national policies take regional issues into account.
- Jim Dollard - Jim is Executive Director of Generation & Trading at ESB since 2018. With many years’ experience, Jim previously held the position of Executive Director for Business Service Centre and General Manager of Electric Ireland.
- Thomas McHugh - Thomas guides public affairs and communications here at Cork Chamber to ensure that the key issues of the Cork business community are known, understood and valued by Government, stakeholders and media. The Chamber has recently launched a comprehensive Sustainable Cork Programme to drive resilience for the region.
- Emma Kerins – Moderator - Having worked with Chambers Ireland
since 2014, Emma was appointed Head of Policy and Public Affairs in September 2018. She holds and LLM from Queen’s University Belfast and an LLB in Law and European Studies from the University of Limerick.