Be a Better Manager 2
This programme is designed to equip managers with tools and techniques required to be more effective in their roles. Specific topics covered include:
• Coaching and Mentoring
• Motivation Practices in Management
• Assertive Behaviour
• Conflict Management
Be Better @ Series are €50 each or 3 for €120
At the end of this programme, participants will be able to:
• Identify key qualities of an effective coach.
• Adopt appropriate strategies when motivating their team.
• Outline the traits and characteristics of assertive behaviour.
• Identify potential sources of conflict within an organisational setting and the approaches taken to manage this conflict.
13:00 Welcome and General Overview of Programme
13:10 Coaching and Mentoring
• Coaching versus Mentoring
• Qualities of an Effective Coach
• GROW Model
13:45 Motiavtion Practices in Management
• What is Motivation?
• Intrinsic versus Extrnsic Motivation
• Effectivs of a demotivated workforce
• Guidelines for Managers when motivating their team
• Motivation Case Study
14:45 Assertive Behaviour
• Traits and Characteristics of Assertive Behaviour
• Learning to say ‘No’ assertively
• Dealing with Aggressive Behaviour
15:15 Conflict Management
• Sources of Conflict
• Positive and Negative Aspects of Conflict
• Different Approaches to Managing Conflict
15:45 Question and Answer Session