2017 Munster GDPR Hotel Conference
Name: 2017 Munster GDPR Hotel Conference
Date: October 17, 2017
Time: 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM IST
When it comes to data security, there are few sectors as vulnerable to threats as the hotel industry. Customers hand over card payment details and personal information on a daily basis, it is no surprise that the industry accounted for the second largest share of security breaches in 2016. The enforcement deadline for the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is now only months away, hotels are facing a greater incentive to upgrade their data protection processes, or face the risk of severe financial penalties.
Non-compliance for GDPR will be costly, those who aren't compliant face fines of up to 4% of their annual turnover or €20 million. The Munster GDPR Hotel Conference will provide participants with the knowledge necessary to comply with the biggest data protection change of these times, while also learning how to stay protected from hacking.
- All businesses must comply with the regulations before the deadline date of May 25th 2018.
- GDPR does not only apply to EU countries, but any country handling EU data.
- It will also apply to all companies in the UK, despite the aftermath of Brexit.
- Data processors are also captured by the regulation.
- Email marketing will now be based on an opt-in system.